Internet Yetu has been named as the official NetSquared Nairobi organizer. NetSquared is a project of TechSoup Global, which provides software donations and training to charities and nonprofits. NetSquared operates globally and currently has over 120 active groups based in over 41 countries.
Tech Soup Global joins together with NetSquared organizers to work towards their mission: advancing towards a time when every nonprofit and Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) on the planet has the technology resources and knowledge they need to operate at their full potential.
NetSquared, @techsoup's #Tech4Good meetup network relaunches in #Nairobi with their first event in September! Join now! https://t.co/sUesUFjHLG @brian_obilo @Internet_Yetu @techsoupAfrica @techsoupKenya
— NetSquared (@NetSquared) August 9, 2018
What do NetSquared organizers do ?
NetSquared organizers are volunteers who convene in-person gatherings for members of a community’s non-profit and technology community to share best practices, learn from one another, and collaborate on projects for real world impact. Internet Yetu promises to run an open and inclusive program, where all members will collectively determine the best format and topics for Events, Workshops or Meetups based on their personal preferences or needs of their local community.
Like Tech Soup Global, we strongly believe that in-person Meetups are among the most effective ways to support technology capacity building in the NGO and technology sector. Being Netsquared Organizers will allow us to build strong self-supporting local peer networks that can provide ongoing support and training in Nairobi.
NetSquared Nairobi Meetups will:
- Recur monthly.
- Serve the nonprofit, social benefit and technology community by increasing the tech skills of local organizations and individuals alike.
- Be accessible at a free or low cost.
- Happen face to face. With time we’ll have live stream support for the events for our members in different Cities or Countries.
Resources offered by TechSoup Global
TechSoup Global covers the cost of hosting the Netsquared Nairobi Meetup group on meetup.com. Internet Yetu will also receive support from the incredible Elijah van der Giessen, who is the current TechSoup Community Manager. He’ll help us build and grow our local community. He’ll also provide guidance and assistance as we seek presenters, new co-organizers and tips on events.
How can you help us?
You can help us by:
- Joining the NetSquared Nairobi meetup group and viewing the details of our first three events. Click here for more details.
- Donating event spaces/venues for our monthly meetups. Suggestions are also welcome.
- Registering as a speaker at our events. Do you have a skill you want to share? This would be a perfect opportunity for you.
- Attending events and being a part of our community.
- Becoming a co-organizer of our events. To register as an organization or an individual contact us.
In case you need additional information about our upcoming events, you can reach out to the main co-organizers: Cassandra Wachilonga, Earnest Chacha and Brian Obilo. You can also contact us through this contact form.